Everyone knows the preparation of activated charcoal – this is a very powerful medicinal product used in various fields of medicine. Thanks to the ability of the sorbent to absorb harmful substances and neutralize their effect, it has become incredibly in demand and in-home care. People are increasingly turning to teeth whitening with activated carbon, finding in this method indisputable advantages. Can I use this substance without damage to the health of tooth enamel and oral cavity?
The advantages and disadvantages of the activated charcoal teeth whitening method
In modern dentistry, there are many options for professional teeth whitening. At the same time, methods that are available for home use do not lose their relevance. The method, which involves brightening teeth with activated charcoal, has a lot of advantages.
- Availability: You can buy coal in tablets in any pharmacy. The price of one package does not exceed 15 rubles.
- Ease of use: Teeth whitening with activated charcoal toothpaste at home is very simple. Even without special skills you can master the technique and learn the recipe.
- Efficiency: Using activated charcoal, you can very quickly give your teeth a pristine whiteness. Even after one procedure, the enamel will lighten significantly.
- Harmlessness: This quality can only be considered relatively. The composition of the drug includes useful components and abrasive substances, but its use at home sometimes causes minor complications.
After the whitening procedure, teeth are guaranteed to become more clean and shiny. Using this method, you should not forget about the dangers that will affect your enamel and oral mucosa. Keep reading http://www.gardenviewdentistry.com/teeth-whitening-home/
- If your body does not tolerate the components that make up the sorbent, then the reaction will not keep you waiting. Eruptions appear on the oral mucosa immediately after the procedure.
- Activated carbon can cause enamel damage. They are not strong enough to affect sensitivity, but with regular use of the drug at home, the condition of the teeth may worsen.
- Bleaching teeth, you cannot expect a lasting effect. Darkening of enamel causes negative factors. Only by eliminating their effects, one can hope for a lasting result of bleaching.
Absolute contraindications to the use of coal as a bleaching agent are individual intolerance and allergy to the components of the drug. It is not recommended to use this method during pregnancy and lactation. Do not bleach your teeth with coal at home, if your enamel is damaged.
You may also like Oral hygiene while wearing braces